If you don’t know, Quora is a site where members can ask any question and have it answered by other member. It’s touted as a place to show or to grow your expertise. If you like Quora, I make no judgment. Maybe it’s the categories that I follow – mostly writing, literature and the sciences – but I find the site to be the greatest repository of stupidity on the planet. And, no, I haven’t explored every corner of the world. I’m sure that it can be topped. It worries me about the prospects for humanity, though.
Things that are just a waste of my time:
- Questions that are so stupid that someone had to make it up just to get a reaction.
- Questions that could be answered by one click of a search engine. Why would I take time away from my schedule and family to make the click for you?
- Questions that are obviously homework questions.
- Questions that show an alarming lack of education or interest in learning.
- Every page of my feed is laced – no pun intended – with scantily clad young women with questions that are clearly meant for my demographic.